22.11.06

swingin'

twas my hubby's 28th burstday yesterday and we celebrated in advance putting his and my daughter's party on one packed saturday evening.
i got up fairly early from a late night-early morning gimik with mah sistahs and tot, we went to the grocery, as in the whole block with jojo the mongo..my loving yaya net and mag bounzin bebe girl... ang saya!!
so i started cooking at around 4:30 even texted my friends halfway not to be punctual since im running late on schedule. I had to go double time when my 1st pair of visitors came.. aiko and jamie to put sincere judgement on what i have for the night .. well so far so good even if they only got to have the double sauced meatball pasta. ^_^
triple timing already when the Turbulence boys paid us a surprise visit.. hehe.. ny that time i was laready finishing my last dish, then my sistahs with joods came with the sisig!!! wooohooweeee! then my cousins with mah sister and dad.. we started devouring my soul food at around 9.. hehehe...
here's the thing... i love cooking more so cooking for people i love. I can bitch em around most of the days but one of the voodoos that i do would come in the form of the treats i conjoured up for you.
I'm not malambing, i am showy when i want to get on someone's nerve or i know that this person is too easy to make bola so i could get him to do what i want. But when i decide to cook for you, that means you are special enough that iL risk ruining my nails for u, tolerating the smell of garlic on my fingers for days after, exploring new flavors and guessing if this is in sync with YOU!
Artists write songs, or dance to really cheesy love songs. Authors have em in novels, poetry or prose.... While Ruthie has it served steamin hot, delightful desserts or simply mixed to knock you out....second..third servings allowed.

my sistahs and I with joods had the usual treats, we tagged along chano with us as our special guest.... we went swingin..

u must love how it takes you back to the time where you ddnt give an F about anything, the time when scabs on your knees would mean you have a great social life, when sago't gulaman is waaaaaaaaay better than starbucks ...when you would wait till the cheese coats your fingers for a few centimeters before you delightfully like each of em clean... when the greatest problem that u had would be the homework that u left undone because u just cannot be out in the streets and not be playing patintero/chinese garter/cos and robbers with teh other kids from the block.

you see this is why some people choose not to grow up.

can i just not care about not being adult enough in living my OWN life?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all of your dishes that night were f!@#$ delisyoso (how do you spell that damn word said by dora?! hehehe)!!! wat can i say more, totally RAPSA!!! i ate a lot! wee and waa but more to the wee part actually!
the swing...gees i felt to alive just feeling the air pass through me as I swing higher and higher!
basta ang sarap ng gabing yown!
salamat sistah...i feel special and loved by you...nuks! hehehe

Anonymous said...

some people don't want to grow up. but they still do. what's important is that we should know when to hold on to that child-like feelings when we can.
*swing swing swing*
all we can do swing. its not like its a bad thing. but all we can do is swing when we can.
*swing swing swing*

P.S. Kelan ka magluluto ulit? sarap!